In order to bring transparency, effectiveness, and efficiency in coal quality ecosystem, Coal India Limited (CIL) intents to provide a monitoring system for coal supplies to consumers via their Third Party Sampling Scheme.
Third Party Sampling is an initiative towards bringing transparency by engaging agencies of national repute to independently determine coal quality. CIL engaged Quality Council of India for the Third Party Sampling of Coal samples.
QCI required to create a technology platform to digitise the complete process of Third Party sampling process to ensure that there is complete transparency in the system and testing can be done without the possibility of any manipulations of results.
Provided a QR coding based web and mobile application platform which ensured that the samples are prepared and tested independently without any possibility of result manipulations and also to ensure complete transparency of sample.
The platform ensured digitization of complete workflow of coal sample from collection to lab testing stage with given features:
- Facility to capture details of the sample from Collection to Preparation Stage
- Map sample Id with QR Code
- Capture Geo-tagged Images with sample
- Final Receiving of sample in Lab (by lab user)
- Dashboard to view status and details of all Samples
- facility to challenge a saample
- Facility for labs to upload Lab analysis report (by lab user)
- User Management to create CIL, Subsidiary and other users of system
- Export Sample Tracker Report
- Data Analytics and Reporting Tools
- Ensure transparency and data integrity
- Visibility of status of Samples to different project stakeholders
- Provides collaboration environment between stakeholders
- QR coding of sample to ensure sample result cannot be manipulated